spit - front wheel bearing oil seal woes

To: triumph mail exploder <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: spit - front wheel bearing oil seal woes
From: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 18:38:33 -0400 (EDT)
bum me out.

just when i thought i be driving my baby this weekend i go and squash one
of the front wheel bearing oil seals on my spit while installing new front
bearins.

is there some trick to getting them into the hubs? the other good one
does not want to go into the hub. VB was absolutely useless for tech
support when i called to see if i was doing something wrong. they offered
to exchange the parts if they were as new. yeah right, i've got the new
races installed, the bearings greased and ready to roll and a squashed
oil seal.

i will not order from them again.

-- michael
   '78 spit