GT6 rear suspension

To: KC3565L@sprintmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 rear suspension
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 19:37:45 -0400 (EDT)
Dave,The brackets as sold by TSSC for the purpose of attaching the rear
shocks/dampers directly to the frame/chassis *may* foul on the inside at the
middle of the inner rear wheel arch on some cars,as indeed do similar
brackets supplied by others.
I recommend that you do not engage in unwarranted metal bashing by 'pounding
up the inner sides of the arches on your car' (sacrilege!) in order to get
them to fit.
But rather you should carefully,grind away,on a bench grinder,the top
outer-edge of the brackets,so that they no longer foul on the inner rear
wheelarch lower lip...
Between 1/8th-1/4 of an inch will be enough,and the area you need to remove
excess metal from is nowhere near to the actual shock mounting hole.
As for trans-atlantic shipping hassles?
(Hey your whole car came across the pond!),but seriously,I get stuff sent
over by UPS,in as little as 2 days door-to-door,what a service! (i've no
connection etc),and it's very much faster than our domestic parcel
carrier,who I try to avoid nowadays.
Good Luck
Leon F Guyot
TSSC International Liaison Secretary.