Re: sandblaster

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: sandblaster
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 21:14:22 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin Libhart wrote:

> Has anyone used one of the small home-type sandblasters, such as the
> unit[s] from Sears?  I'm looking for an inexpensive method for clean-up
> of a chassis, steel wheels, etc. - not sheetmetal or other more critical
> parts which would call for plastic media, etc.
>
> Anyone with experience with one of these units?
>
> Martin Libhart
> 1972 TR6 (driver)
> 1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (under restoration)

        -----Martin, i have a Tips unit(Hemmings), it is not a small unit
it is 28 D X 42 W X 32 H. but you will find a wheel very cramped in this
cabinet. I use only glass beads except on plastic or chrome/brass, rubber
then i use walnut shells, i have never used plastic media. glass is very
good & rather inexpensive $22.00 for 50lbs. i think the small unit from
sears will not handle wheels or any thing larger. don't buy to small &
then regret it later. these are so usfull!!!!