Re: sandblaster

To: "Martin Libhart" <mlibhart@feist.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: sandblaster
From: "Dan C. Houser" <dchouser@shelby.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 97 21:09:56 -0500
Martin
The small blasters from Sears work fine, but are a slow tedious process.
The biggest problem
with sand blasting is it consumes so much air. I started with a 3.5hp, 8
cmf compressor and
found it to be unsatisfactory. I upgraded to a 6.5hp,80 gal.
tank,175psi,two stage compressor
and it just barely keeps up using a medium size nozzle at 17 cmf
delivery. If you have enough
air and plenty of time the Sears blaster will do fine. Be sure to go with
the 90lb hopper and
buy an extra ceramic nozzle. Also a fine grade of blasting sand works
great for paint and or
rust removal unless you are working fiberglass, then you would need the
plastic media. Be
prepared for a messy job!
The smaller compressor will work, but "It's all hurry up and wait and
wait and wait."
Good Luck.

Danny Houser,dchouser@shelby.net
1963 TR3B TCF2045L in lots of pieces