Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale

To: Peter Firla <Bombur@snet.net>
Subject: Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale
From: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 00:11:21 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Peter Firla wrote:

> I got my order today, and promptly too, 3 days after the fax, regular UPS.
>
> Of the $312 order, $265 is on backorder. I think they are moving away from
> "in stock" on many items and more toward brokering orders to suppliers for
> later delivery. Saves inventory costs big time, I assume.
>
> In 9 years I have never not been backordered, but nothing like this. Makes
> projects impossible.

I was goping to place a rather large order with them the other day, but
it seemed everything I wanted was backordered.  I didn't place the order
because of this.  I'm ordering the parts because I need them now...
certain items aren't as urgently needed as others, but noone buys a
points set thinking that it'd be a good idea in 4 - 6 weeks to install ...

Ed (who would've had a big order but didn;t)