Re: Body Off GT-6

To: cwgall@aloha.net
Subject: Re: Body Off GT-6
From: Dan Arrington <gt6nut@gnn.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 13:02:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>         Anyway, I want to take the good body off of the one and put in on
> the other chasis.  Anyone taken the body off of a GT6?, if so any tips would
> be greatly appreciated.  Is there any requirement to place the body on a
> jig, how heavy is it, and what is required for removal are the general
> questions that come to mind.
>
> Charles Gall
> Kailua
> 69 GT6
> cwgall@aloha.net
> Robert Lynch
> co 97

Charles,
Well its not tooo big of a job. Only 12 bolts holding the body on the
frame. You should be able to pick it off with four people with out much
of a problem. There were only two of us when i took the body off of
mine.
Most of the wiring is fed through the body so you will only have to
unhook what goes into the engine compartment (engine,headlites ect.)
As far as weight i would guess somwhere between 4 and 500 lbs.

GOOD LUCK!!

Dan Arrington
Near Portland Oregon
gt6nut@gnn.com