Intro and Spitfire Questions

To: "'triumph list submission'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intro and Spitfire Questions
From: "Lukin, Gavin" <GLukin@nibupls1.telstra.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 09:18:00 EST
Encoding: 22 TEXT
My name is Gavin Lukin and I'm from Sydney Australia. I own a 1978 TR7 and a
1969 Spitfire MK3. Both cars I have rebuilt, (the TR7 is still needs work).
Now some questions

My Spitfire has a MK2 engine (1147cc)(DPO strikes again), and I'm am
considering getting an original 1296 to rebuild and replace it. How
expensive is it to buy and rebuild these motors (ie. oversize pistons,
bearings, rings etc.)???

Can you fit an overdrive from another triumph to the gearbox????

What is the cheapest way to improve the rear end suspension (MK4 rear
spring???)

I would greatly appreciate any responses.

regards
Gavin
1969 Spitfire MK3
1978 TR7 5spd A/C