Re: TR3 disc brakes...

To: musson@arts.usf.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 disc brakes...
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 96 12:14:31 EDT
Uh folks,

Carl is right.  All TR3s from TS13046 had Girling disc brake systems.  Check it
out yourself in the TR2/3 Spares Catalogue, TR3 Suppliment.

If you had an pre-TS13046 car, and were intelligent, you replaced the Lockheed
system with the Girling system ASAP.  I've stopped cars equipted with both,
and believe me, you want the discs!  It shouldn't be supprising that a lot of
TR2s and early TR3s have the later brakes on them.

If you have an early TR with a Lockheed system, and you're not a concourse
freak, switching to disc brakes is a good safety update of the car.

Bruce Clough

All regards to concourse freaks.  Our TS981L still has the Lockheed
drums on it!