Re: TR3 disc brakes...

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>, dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Subject: Re: TR3 disc brakes...
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:58:43 -0400
Cc: rgs03@health.state.ny.us, triumphs@autox.team.net
At 11:26 AM -0400 8/23/96, Ken Streeter wrote:

>Carl:  do you recall which source listed the starting number for the
>       brake switchover?  it wouldn't be the first time that a published
>       Triumph reference had bad info...

Ken,
The "official" drum->disk switchover point is one of the better documented
pieces of TR history - all of the parts books and so on agree with each
other.

I gather from various old magazine articles and such that converting an
earlier car to disk brakes was not that uncommon. Wonder if anyone out
there has a car with both disk brakes and the original Lockheed dual master
cylinder?

Actually have a vague recollection of hearing about a factory
retrofit/upgrade kit someplace, but I have no idea where..

-john
TR2, TR3 (TS9594L, drums), 3.5 TR3A's