quick LCzC comment

To: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>, Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: quick LCzC comment
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 11:12:40 +0400 (EDT)
Yesterday I was returning home from a jaunt to pick up some Spitfire
bits and look at a TR250 for sale (since sold, so don't ask about it!).
On the way home, just north of Caanan, NY, I spotted at a distance what I
first thought might be a Borgward. As we got closer to the lot, I
realized the first guess was wrong. Hmmmm, Simca Aronde? no....

We stopped (of course) to look more closely. Badges were in pretty poor
shape and there was no name on them. It was only when I glanced at the
floormats that I realized what the car was:

Skoda Octavia!

Cute, in that late 1950s/early 1960s Eastern Bloc sort of way. Mostly
complete and fairly solid, but definitely not my first choice for future
acquisition. To my knowledge, there is no equivalent to Moss or TRF for
Czechoslovakian-built cars.

If anyone is interested, I'll tell you where to drive to look at it. And
don't worry about it being sold anytime soon; the asking price is, as
crayoned onto the windshield:

$30,000 (honest, that's what it said!)

Gee, maybe he'd take an even swap for that Duesenberg out in the field
behind my barn!

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *