RE: British plates again

To: s1500@aol.com (S1500@SMTP {S1500@aol.com}), triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs)
Subject: RE: British plates again
From: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 9:51:00 +0200
Bob,

It would seem to make sense to not allow "O" in a registration.

But: My father had a 1965 Simca when I was young and its registration was
"BOR 407C".  Sorry to blow your theory.  A friend of mine had a late
1960's Austin that he nicknamed "Elmo", as its first three letters were
"LMO".

It does seem strange that the DVLC disallowed "I" for looking like a 1,
"Z" for looking like a 2 and "Q" for looking like a 0, but didn't
disallow "O".  But then, we Brits _are_ strange, aren't we (-: ?

Daren.