Re: Must see places in the UK (Again)

To: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com (Paul g. Wiegman), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Must see places in the UK (Again)
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 08:02:44 -0700
At  8:06 PM 8/16/96 -0700, Paul g. Wiegman wrote:
>Other than the tower of London where the TR design group was sent after
>finishing that series, and the Traitors Gate where the parts people
>ended up, does anyone have any suggestions as to MUST SEE places in and
>around London.  Museums, roads, factory, former TR dealerships still
>sitting around
snip
>Thanks in advance
>
>Paul g. Wiegman
>Allison Park, PA
>1956 TR-3

Paul I have done a few short London tours, the latest in July.  The most
impressive thing I saw was the British museum.  The British collected a lot
of stuff in the late 1800s from all around the world.  A lot of it ended up
there.  Buckingham palace is unremarkable, but at least I can now say that
I've been to the home office.  Most of the town was built after world war
II.

If it was me, I'd spand two days in London, each with a half day scheduled
at the museum (get there when it opens to avoid lines) the the rest
wondering around the town to get the feel of it.  Get your underground day
passes after 9:30 AM to get the cheap rate.

Then I would head off to ether Bath to look at Roman ruins or to
Edenborough.  Edneborough wasn't bombed and it has lots of interesting
buildings.  The oldest still standing in the city was built about 50 years
before Columbus left for the new world.  The Edenborough castle is a great
visit.  Edenborough is my current second favorate city in Europe behind
Paris.  Of course the French surrendered the whole country to keep Paris
from getting bombed.  Walking through it, I could understand why.

Brooklands raceway is a little south of London in Surry.  They have a
racing museum there.  You can take a train to a nearby town (Victoria
station to Hersham is under four pounds) then a cheap cab to the museum.

Enjoy your trip!

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com