TR6 Mirrors

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Mirrors
From: The Garrisons <garrison@shadow.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 10:56:44 -0400
Good day!

I don't believe in cars without an outside rear-view mirror on the passenger
side, and so many years ago I put the standard chromed bullet mirror on the
passenger side of my '73 TR6.  Unfortunately the mirror could not be adjusted
so that I could actually see anything, so I stuck a round "blind spot" mirror
on it.  These are the things that people stick on the large mirrors of vans and
trucks, for instance, so that they can see things beside them.

Problem is that the blind spot mirror had too much of a curve and those
"objects in mirror are closer than they appear" were  _really_  close!

I'm putting a new mirror on 'cause the old one fell off (cheap bracket
underneath bent over the years) and have tried to find something with a more
appropriate curve.  Have spoken to a couple of glass and mirror shops and they
have been no help; I had also considered getting any old rectangular convex
mirror and cutting it to a round shape but they say this can't be done.

Any thoughts?

- GG