RE: spits

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spits
From: Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 20:58:49 -0600

Gents,   (and Ladies)

I haven't owned a LBC for better than ten years and the itch is
getting really bad. I've owned MGB's, a GT6, and a TR6 but I'm now
looking at a pair of Spits,  a 66 MK2  and a 68MK3.
What are the things I should look for besides the normal rocker and
floor pan rot.
  The 68 was last driven in 92' and runs good except for a rusted oil
pan. The 66 could not be started but owner said it smoked real bad
when he bought it.
Whats a pair of these worth? Should I do this to myself??

Ed C.
(no LBC.........yet)

Ed,  I am just finishing my '67 GT6, drove it to work today, first time!  It
was great, still needs work of course.  You can bet if the '66 Spit "smokes
real bad" that it will need rings at the very least, and more than likely a
complete engine rebuild.  I've spent lots ($5,000 including some labor) on the
rebuild and am hoping that I don't have to do the diff again.  Just to let you
know, but it is worth it.

Jane B.
'67 GT6 mk1