Re: CA emissions <9608161938.AA01839@shiseis.com>

To: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Subject: Re: CA emissions <9608161938.AA01839@shiseis.com>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:52:09 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Shane F. Ingate wrote:

>       Having said all of that, cars that are "imported" from out of state,
> modified engines and non-matching-number engines cannot go to any
> smog station, instead they must go direct to the State-run Referee Station.
> A fail at this point means that your car can never be registered in the
> *fair* state of CA.

Gee, how do they handle engine number matches on Triumphs, where the engine
number didn't match straight from the factory?  (Not that this matters for me
yet, I live in NH, where they're still trying to pass new emissions standards,
but surely will before long...)

Does the CARB manual list ranges of numbers?

--ken

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631