Re: TR6 Seat Foam <960528135220_74106.1335_FHD69-1@CompuServ

To: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Seat Foam <960528135220_74106.1335_FHD69-1@CompuServe.COM>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 14:09:15 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>>>"Bruce A. Krobusek" said:
 > The bottom foam in my TR6 seats seems to be crumbling, I'd really rather
 >  not take
 > the coverings completely off the seats as everything else is in great shape.
 >
 > Does anyone know if replacing the bottom foam pieces is possible without
 > disassembling the seats?

I think you *might* be able to take the seats out, remove the diaphragms, pull
out the old foams, and then stuff in the new ones.

I'd recommend taking the cover off, though.  It's not that bad -- recline the
seat all the way, pop all the clips off and the cover should just come free.
Remember, you only have to take the seat bottom cover off. It will be easier
to get the cover over the new foam this way, and avoid wrinkles.

Reassembly is the reverse of the above.  Heh.  Turn the cover inside out,
place the new foam on the diaphragm, place the part you sit on in place, pull
the sides down and reinstall the clips.  Voila.

You may be able to get new foams made at a local upholstery shop.  What the
heck, ask them for a quote to just replace the foams; bet it's less than you
think.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center