Re: Late TR3A wiring

To: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>, Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Late TR3A wiring
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 07:13:52 -0700
At  7:07 AM 5/28/96 -0400, R John Lye wrote:
>On May 27,  9:34pm, Chip Old wrote:
>> The only safe approach is to work from a
>> factory parts book (repros are available) and order by original Triumph
>> part number.
>
>That's always the best approach, but we all know by now that
>TerriAnn has a moral objection to buying a factory spare parts
>manual...
>
>sorry TerriAnn, I couldn't resist,
>

>John Lye
>
>rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU

Dear John,

i have in my posession:  Brooklands reprint TR SPC 1, The Triumph TR3 & TR3
Spare Parts Catalogue  I also have an original 20 TR 4 Sports Car Sapare
Parts Catalogue.

But you know, they do a poor job of documenting the TR3A, esp the post
TS60000 TR3AA.

There are a LOT of changes between the very well documented TR2 and the late 3A.

But when it comes to ordering parts. I prefer to use a parts house
catalogue and ordering parts specifically labeled for my car.  Eric Welhelm
has been doing a great job putting together catalogues at Moss.

I assume that the factory late TR3A parts catalogue is extreamly hard to find

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com   <- NOTE NEW ADDRESS

Celebrating my tenth year on Usenet/Internet