BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [D.Hickman@kippax.tres.tas.g

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [D.Hickman@kippax.tres.tas.gov.au (Dale Hickman)]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 19:35:32 -0400
     Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 16:17:09 +1000
     From: D.Hickman@kippax.tres.tas.gov.au (Dale Hickman)
     Subject: Flexible Brake Hoses

I have just finished rebuilding the calipers on my Australian Herald 12/50
coupe and I think that  I may  need to replace the flexible brake hoses.  I
was wondering whether I should go for rubber or stainless steel braided
hoses.   Are their any benefits of one over the other?  In
Australia, the stainless steel hoses are illegal for road use on post 1970
cars (when the Australian Design Rules came into force) as they fail the
'whip' test.  As my car is a 1965 model, I can legally use them.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Dale Hickman
Tasmania, Australia