TR steering stop again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR steering stop again
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 12:25:53 +0100
I received no reply of any sort to my questions on the setting of the steering
stop on the vertical link. I ask again does anyone know if this can be set
without the special equipment mentioned in the workshop manuals and can it be
set after the complete suspension has been re-built. This is where I am at the
moment on the body off restoration of my 1954 long door TR2. While we are on the
subject has anybody got advice or tips for replacing the front springs without
displacing my head from my shoulders.Do I really need the long length of
threaded
bar as advised or is there a short cut or two.
XHERALD MAN