Re: Herald Driver's Door Locking from Inside car.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Herald Driver's Door Locking from Inside car.
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel.Burrows@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 17:45:19 +0100 (BST)
Darren,

Yes, there is a way to modify the driver's door to lock it from the inside.
All you have to do is take off the trim panel to reveal the handle
mechanism towards the front of the door. The door handle on the driver's
side is prevented from moving all the way forward (to lock the door) by a
large diameter split pin, which you can see sticking out of the handle
mechanism. Remove this split pin and replace the trim and you're sorted.

## Remember ## If you do this, and you accidentally close the door from
the outside with the handle in the forward (locked) position, you WILL
NOT be able to open the door. The driver's door lock does not allow for
unlocking the door with the handle forward. So then you have to take out
the rear seat from the boot and crawl in. I know. I've done it!

--Dan
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/~n5237882/danssecr.htm