Re: TR4's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4's
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 11:37:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 21 May 1996, Peter Barrance wrote:

> > quickly, so in really bad cases almost no force is required to move the
> > lever into reverse.  It's a long shot, perhaps, but could the rebuild shop
> > have substituted a badly worn late TR6 tranny (or at least the shift rod &
> > lever assembly from one)?
>
> Just for ref, I've never lifted the lever on my '71 TR6 when shifting to
> rev. Think it's the original fairly early gearbox. Perhaps I should be...
> No indication to that effect on the lever tho.

Could be there's another variation I haven't run accross that has neither
the early-type stepped lockout or the later ramped lockout.  I've never
seen one like that, but...

> Chip - where is Cub Hill, btw? Is it near Parkville/Carney. There's a
> Cub Hill road there anywhere. Saw a blue TR4 there too. Could it be???

Cub Hill is an area north of Carney.  If you saw a dark blue TR4 on Cub
Hill Road it was probably me.  There used to be a dark blue TR250 in the
area, but I haven't seen it for a long time.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.