Re: swing axle trunnion bush removal

To: Liquid%massey.ac.nz_at_internet_gateway@ccmgate1.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: swing axle trunnion bush removal
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 96 15:41:00 PDT
Text item:

Give them a good soaking with WD-40 or something similar and let soak
overnight.   If all else fails, you can always torch/hammer/punch them,
since you're replacing them anyway.  When re-assembling, be sure to coat
any bolts that go through a sleeve with anti-sieze compound.  They'll come
right off next time.

Mike

I have to replace the diff on our Vitesse this weekend, and thought I would
replace the trunnion bushes while I was at it.  I have heard that they can
be very difficult to remove as the bush sleeve can seize onto the bolt.
Does anyone have any tricks or tips on removing them?

Thanks in advance, Pat Edwards.

Text item: External Message Header