tr-6 cooling system question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr-6 cooling system question
From: gautreau@ix.netcom.com (J Gautreau )
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 19:42:17 -0700
My 70 TR-6 temp guage registers very cool (always). The dial barely
seems to move up at all. I just replaced the voltage stabalizer as I
was also getting low and inconsistent gas tank readings. The gas tank
guage now reads just fine but the temp still reads very cool.

My question is - what is the fastest and easiest way to determine the
source of the problem?

Is it a guage problem, a temp sender unit problem or a bad
thermostat???

Thanks in advance and I'll post my findings.

Joe Gautreau

PS. for all you trf bashers, the voltage stabalizer was less that 2
years new from Vic. British.