Re: Seasonal Affective Disorder and the LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Subject: Re: Seasonal Affective Disorder and the LBC
From: jim.sudduth@autodesk.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 96 16:42:05 PST
Subject: Seasonal Affective Disorder and the LBC
Author:  peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes) at smtpcc
Date:    5/10/96 4:30 PM

Jim Sudduth asked about the Winter and coping. It is for this reason
precisely that so many folks move to Florida, Arizona, Texas, etc. from the
Midwest and the East. Winter in central New York is not fun in the
traditional sense, and one must find something to do that can accomodate the
season. Skiing, snowmobiles and plowing snow are all very popular in these
parts from November until April. I enjoy winter. Granted, I can't drive the
TR or work on it, but there is a real thrill to drive fast on ice and get
away with it in a car that is properly set up for winter. I lived for a
while in the L.A. area when I was a kid, some 35 years ago. What I remember
most was the unrelenting sunshine and the lack of rain. How do you stand it?
;-)
     Well, I'm a native California boy, born and bred, so I guess I can
     take a lot of boring sunshine and lack of rain. Tough, but somebody
     has to do it :-).

     But sometimes it would be nice to see a real corker of a storm, like
     one I saw in Indiana once that spawned a twister about 1/2 mile from
     where I was - hooboy, that got our attention! Wrecked a trailer park,
     of course... Storms in the San Francisco area tend to be wimpy, hardly
     any lightning or drama, just a lot of water. I guess we have
     earthquakes to make up for that!

     Jim Sudduth
     '74 TR6 CF20076U
     Autodesk
     San Rafael, CA

I am very much looking forward to long rides in the country this summer,
with the top down and the sun peeking through the clouds on occasion.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951