speedometer surgery

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (triumph cars list)
Subject: speedometer surgery
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 13:25:20 +0100 (BST)
hi

For a good while my TR4 has been hurtling past other vehicles on the
motorway/freeway -
I knew the speedo underead somewhat, but until the weekend I didnt know by just
how much!
The error is about 20%, and is a result of combination of a sticky needle and
an overdrive conversion.  Is there this much adjustment in the unit? How do I
get it
apart? Carefully, I hear you say...

Many thanks to those who responded to my questions about blocked water passages
around #4 cylinder - I'm still considering my options here.

Finally, Larry Synder mentioned a poor TR5 for sale via TRF, at $18000. The TR5
is
a desirable car here in the UK. I saw a very rough example at a TR meet for
about
UK 5000, a good one will fetch UK 9000 and upwards. I talked to guys who were
trying to sell nice examples for about UK 12000, as that what the market
considers
them to be worth, but they had few "bites".

--

Regards, Adrian + TR4 (faster than I thought!)
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk