TR3 Hoosticks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Hoosticks
From: ts1lo@ix.netcom.com (joe richards)
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 18:58:13 -0700
Sorry to respond to this string so late, but I have been skinning
knuckles. The TRA JUDGING STANDARDS & RESTORATION GUIDELINES were
mentioned in the exchange on hoodstick colour. (b.clough)
 It reads: "The hoodstick assemblies fitted to all cars were
essentially the same, variation , if any, being insignificant or
unnoticable. On nearly all cars, the hoodstick assemblies and hoodstick
mounting screws were painted the color of the body of the car.  Some of
the very late cars may have had their hoodsticks painted black or buff
(semi-gloss tan).  Do not deduct for very late cars with black or buff
hoodstick assemblies.
Although I did not write this specific section, as a co-author of this
Manual, I do know what precautions were taken to avoid incorrect
information .  The Manual represents several years of work, assembling
information from factory reference material, TRA members expertise, TRA
Judging School reviews and presentations and other Triumph history
material.

j richards

53 TR2 TS1LO
53 TR2 TS69L