Re: Hesitant TR6

To: rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com
Subject: Re: Hesitant TR6
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 19:04:58 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Well, here are more details on the hesitant TR6 of mine.  It doesn't care
that I put a new fuel filter on (a clear one so I can tell when it gets
dirty) just took off the air filters and sort of set the timing, set the
points gap, and set the float levels on the carbs.  It loses mass
quantities of power under WOT especially in the higher gears and seems to
run vaguely better with the choke set so I believe the vacuum leak idea is
right although when I hosed everything down with propane Saturday I didn't
get any kind of change in idle.
Does anyone know how much trouble it would be to put TR7 carbs on the TR6?
I am pretty sure I can route the auto choke tubes w/o too much trouble but
will I run into problems with the needles and if so can I just switch
them?  I thought I would put the carbs from my sister's blown head '77 TR7
on my '72 TR6 to see if that is where my troubles are.
-Thomas