RE: Hesitant TR6

Subject: RE: Hesitant TR6
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 08:30:50 EDT
On Oct 27,  7:59am, "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" wrote:
...snip....
> > My TR6 has decided that it no longer likes to
> > be run under load....
>
> Check to see that timing and points gap are near spec.
> Replace fuel and air filters.
> Look for obvious signs of split, loose, missing, or pinched vacuum hoses.

You might check for a bad condensor, too.  I once did a tune up on
my TR-3, replaced all the usual suspects, and about a week later
the car had no power, wouldn't idle, etc. etc.  It turned out that
the new condensor was bad; popped the old one back in (yeah, I save
anything that looks potentially usable, doesn't everyone?) and
the car ran great.

John Lye

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU