Re: RESULTS: help!...TR6 Clutch WON'T DISENGAGE

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RESULTS: help!...TR6 Clutch WON'T DISENGAGE
From: Dave4357@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 21:39:16 -0400
>I've been struggling with this problem for 3 months now.  The clutch
doesn't disengage when the slave yoke is attached to the middle hole on the
shaft lever.  It DOES barely disengage when I move the pin to the "top"
hole.  BTW,  the clutch itself and all hydraulics are new.  I've had several
theories about this,  and they've all been shot down:

When I got my '74 Spitfire, I took the transmission, driveshaft, and clutch
from a '77 Spitfire.   When I was reassembling it, I accidently put the
pressure plate from one on the clutch of another.  Even though they
physically looked the same, the clutch would not engage properly until I
switched pressure plates.  When I look in the catalogs, the pressure plate is
listed by the same part number for '73-'80.  I have no idea what the problem
was, but it sure made a difference.

Perhaps it had worn to fit the particular clutch?

Dave Provine
'72 Spitfire  ( almost rust free, in the middle of a 14" wire wheel
conversion )