TR6 taillamp info needed

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 taillamp info needed
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 10:36:14 -0900 (PDT)
Fellow Scions of the six-cylinder persuasion:

My mighty Lucas master catalogue, one of my favorite tomes, only covers
up through 1960, leaving me hopelessly clueless in identifying later
parts. I have some NOS Lucas lenses that I believe are various bits of
TR6 taillamp (a few I can confirm, but not all). I don't have TRF's or
anyone else's big-TR catalogs. I do have TRF's price list, but that
doesn't have all the cross-reference I need.

Two questions, then:

1. Can you TR6 folk go to your cars and tell me what the lamp number(s)
is (are) for the taillamp units (i.e., L508 or similar), and if there is
more than one lamp used over the course of TR6 production?

2. Does anyone have a factory parts manual or similar source that can
give me Triumph or Lucas numbers for the various taillamp lens
components? Some of the bits I have look a lot like TR6, but with my
luck these particular bits are "spec'd for Ceylon and surrounding markets
only" or somesuch....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oops, I lied. Three questions:

3. Anyone know what the front sidelamps for TR4A sell for? This is the
one with the little bayonet-fixed white plastic lens on front, the
somewhat diamond-shaped side marker lamp, and the "ribbing" cast into the
side? (The one I have is RH and in pretty fair condition.)

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andy Mace