Re: TR6 springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 springs
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Thu, 18 May 95 20:08:02 CDT
Randall wrote:
>        I just installed a set of uprated from springs I bought 4 years ago
>from British Parts NW
>The problem is that the car seems to sit very nose-high now.  I'd guess
>that the tire-fender gap in the front is easily twice that in the rear, which
>seems strange.

Don't have any solutions but I had the same experience with the TRF
"uprated" springs. I waited for almost a year hoping they'd settle to a
reasonable height. The car looked like those pathetic late MGBs that got
jacked up to meet bumper height requirements. Car handled horribly! I
finally crudely cut off a loopfrom each spring, figuring they weren't going
to get any more useless than they were. No obvious ill effects in two years
now.

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com