Re: TR6 springs

To: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Subject: Re: TR6 springs
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 95 15:50:54 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net (British-Cars)
>If memory serves the longer and I believe narrow springs are the front.
>short fat in the rear. As I recall also, they came marked, and it's easy to
>do a comparison when they are removed but you are passed that now.

        Aha!  On my car, both stock and as I replaced the springs, the
narrower, longer springs were in the _rear_.  I wonder if this is another
gift of the DPO...  Perhaps someone with a '6 could verify that...  I may
also be able to check free-length at least in the shop manual tonight.  That
would explain things, like the fact that the rear springs in it were badly
sagging and one was broken when I bought it, that the new "rear" springs
still allowed some bottoming, the ride-height, and the fact that with the new
springs the front is much stiffer than the rear.  Thanks!
--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D
Randell.Jesup@scala.com