Re[2]: TR6 Rear End ?'s

To: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley), mike@twinpeaks.prc.com
Subject: Re[2]: TR6 Rear End ?'s
From: "LARRY E SNYDER" <LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 95 10:33:31 cst
Cc: TinyHost@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley) writes:

>Mike Ladwig writes:

> > Things that can be wrong with the TR6 rear end:

>Nice colletion of rear end TR6 goodies...
>[some deleted]
[some more deleted]

> > 2. Sliding joints (middle of the axle) can have some slop.  This one can be
> > figured out best by twisting the axle on either side.
>
>I've never heard of this on, it would be rare IMO.

Gotta disagree here, Scotty. The boot over the sliding joint can rot and
crack and crud gets in there messes up the joint. The grease dries out. We
have a couple of TR250s around here that suffer from this problem.

>-Scott

Also, just to be Mr. Voice Of Doom, the clunk could be a bad differential. I'm
suffering from a lot of backlash in my GT6's differential, and it clunks. I'm
going to get a new one from Mr. Kipping soon.

Larry