Re: paint colors

To: MN@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: paint colors
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 18:36:09 EDT
On Apr 26,  6:06pm, Chris Amley - 3M Co. - St. Paul, MN wrote:

> three color plates of the TR-2 color known as Gernanium.  Wow!  The
> name is exactly right: it's orangey-pink.  The only problem is, it
> looks like something that could not _possibly_ have been offerened
> in 1954.

I've seen this color on a TR-2, and I've have to say that it
loks *very* '50s to me.  In fact, while its kinda neat, it
looks extremely dated by now.

I have a friend who got the build sheet on his TR-2, because
he wanted to return it to its original glory.  When he found
out that it had originally been painted black with a geranium
interior and a pale blue top, he decided that an un-original
car was OK...

John

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU