TR-6 Conversion

To: wcianci@mail.valverde.edu
Subject: TR-6 Conversion
From: "Russell S. Akerman " <akerman@aloha.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 10:36:29 -1000 (HST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
William Cianco <wcianci@mail.valverde.edu> writes:

> am thinking about  converting the engine of my tr-6 to an american or
> japanese engine.

I know you're gonna get grief about your question...so I won't include my
finger pointings too. But if you're set on this:

Look at the Ford Inline 6, 300 cu. in.

It would maintain some of the character of your TR-6 (I-6 vs V-6/8 etc).
The Ford has a reputation for torque and reliability, which would
make seem to make it a great starting point for a swap. I've seen
advertisements for speed parts available for it for that extra
horsepower (I assume going faster is the reason for the swap).

No idea if it fits or it too heavy. But, _if_ I were swapping, it'd be my
first look.

Aloha, Stu Akerman (akerman@aloha.com)