Spit Valves (was UNLEADED FUEL)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Valves (was UNLEADED FUEL)
From: Strativary@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 18:17:01 -0400
Hi Triumph Types,

A few days ago I wrote to this list stating;  IMHO some "later"
cars requiring unleaded fuel may not have hardened valve seats.
I did some digging on the subject, and all I could find was in the
TRF catalog.  They state that exhaust & inlet valves were
superceded at comm. # FM110,001 (1980 model).  The part # 's
before and after this point are differrent.

Are these the "hardened vs. softer" components? I would be very
interested (and appreciative), if anyone has some definitive info on
this.   E-mail to me directly if you prefer.

Bob Sykes

75, 78, 78, Soft Seat Spitfires (I think)

BTW "British Car Day South" sponsored by the Triad Austin Healy
Club will take place on Sat. June 10 (rally) and Sun. 11th (car show).
This will be at Tanglewood Park, Clemmons NC, just west of
Winston-Salem.  Always a good turnout of LBC's (all marques).
Limited to 500 entries this year I believe.  I had not seen this one
listed in the "big list" of LBC events.  I am in no way associated with
the sponsors of this event etc. etc. for info call: (910) 788-7291
or (910) 852-8942