Zenith Stromberg Carb

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Zenith Stromberg Carb
From: abailey@jax.jaxnet.com (Anthony Bailey)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 14:50:20 -0400
Hello all, I'm having a problem with my wife's spitfire. It's running too
rich, infact it won't even start unless I remove the choke! I've rebuilt
the carb, installed a grose-jet, checked the float level, diassembled,
cleaned, reassembled, reinstalled the autochoke, and adjusted the car as
per the Haynes carb manual. Even with the choke removed it still runs too
rich, however at the higher rpms it seems to lean back out. According to my
colortune, anyhow. What do you think?

Anthony & Barbara Bailey          abailey@jax.jaxnet.com
Middleburg, FL
Mine-a green '77 Triumph Spitfire 1500 (daily driver)
Hers-a yellow '77 Triumph Spitfire 1500 (undergoing restoration)