Re: [Tigers] Distributor -> Oil Pump Shaft

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor -> Oil Pump Shaft
From: Gary <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:39:35 -0700

--------------8C4555CAF0D39A4781FBA23A

Sometimes they are just difficult...
IIRC, one time we could see the drive shaft was off to one side.  We
jacked the car on that side so it leaned to the other side
which made it more vertical...
Good luck,
Gary

On 8/12/2020 4:47 PM, R Flynn via Tigers wrote:
> In trying to replace the distributor after changing my intake manifold
> on the â??65 289 in my Tiger, I am struggling to get it to slide down
> over the oil pump shaft, which seems to be leaning over.
> - tried jiggling the rotor
> - tried turning the crank with a ratchet while applying gentle
> pressure to the distributor, though I was doing both
> - tried using a long socket & extension to put the oil pump shaft
> itself in different orientations
>
> My next attempts will involve
> - having someone else push down while I turn the crap with a ratchet
> - trying to pack some grease around the shaft with a screwdriver prior
> to inserting the distributor to keep the oil pump shaft more centered
>
> Would welcome any suggestions, solutions, or words of wisdom.
>
> Cheers in advance,
>
> Rick
>
> --
> rick
> B9471206: http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp

--------------8C4555CAF0D39A4781FBA23A

  <head>
  </head>
    Sometimes they are just difficult...<br>
    IIRC, one time we could see the drive shaft was off to one side.  We
    jacked the car on that side so it leaned to the other side<br>
    which made it more vertical...<br>
    Good luck,<br>
    Gary<br>
      Tigers wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAL1UyNZ1S9-n3m2zs1uFmMA9N6qJDSEW+Cxhb_667T+ppUwVdQ@mail.gmail.com">
        changing my intake manifold on the â??65 289 in my Tiger, I am
        struggling to get it to slide down over the oil pump shaft,
        which seems to be leaning over.</div>
        applying gentle pressure to the distributor, though I was doing
        both</div>
        the oil pump shaft itself in different orientations</div>
        crap with a ratchet</div>
        a screwdriver prior to inserting the distributor to keep the oil
        pump shaft more centered</div>
        of wisdom.</div>
      -- <br>
        data-smartmail="gmail_signature">rick<br>
        B9471206: <a
          href="http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp";
          target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp</a></div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net</a>

</pre>

--------------8C4555CAF0D39A4781FBA23A--

--===============5527339888973049040==