Re: Race Trucks?

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Trucks?
From: burkheimer@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:28:05 -0400 (EDT)
One of the best races I've ever watched was the Pro Sportrucks at Grand Prix of
Dallas at Addison around 1990 or so. Archer Bros. et al ....Running 3 abreast
into a 90-degree corner, then next lap 5 abreast, including some wheels on the
grass, all fighting for the race lead. Thrilling, it was.

This also brings to mind Satch Carlson's writeup on Sport Trucks in Autoweek
eons ago.
Something about an ice-chest full of beer, a dog, and a gun rack.  the ice
chest had to be empty by the checker.  That was snot-slingin' funny!   Love to
find a copy of that again.

Rex B
Living the Thicko lifestyle vicariously through youse guys