Race Trucks?

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Race Trucks?
From: SGHT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:23:57 EDT
Gentlemen.................. and all others,
A few of us in the Rochester, NY area have an interest in the race trucks
(Rangers, S-10s, Comanches, etc.) which were so popular when the SCCA had the
series in the late 80s and early 90s.
The series attracted drivers such as the Archer brothers, George Follmer,  Al
Unser Jr., Scott Sharp, and Steve Saleen.
I approached Jack Woehrle to see if SVRA or HSR would entertain such
vehicles and he responded that they would have to be documented race trucks to
be
considered, "we don't want to start something that would be very
controversial", "trucks are not sports cars", "they are hardly vintage" and
"trucks would
not make the "sports car" folks very happy".
Am I missing something here? They were a SCCA class just like  Production,
Sedans, FV, etc.
What are your thoughts? Is this stretching "Vintage" racing too far? Would
this be upsetting to the "sports car" folks?
I guess I am disappointed and concerned about Jack's negative  feelings.
Sam Turner