Re: anyone know the manufacturer? + Gear sets + PIR

To: <dmeadow@juno.com>, <wsthompson@thicko.com>, Spridgets List
Subject: Re: anyone know the manufacturer? + Gear sets + PIR
From: Franks <franks97@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:35:52 -0800
Scott and Ed of Vintage 31 drive MGA's with CSRG and other groups out here
on the West coast. They usually have some seats with them at the track.
These guys are a blast to race with and while I don't have one of their
seats or any financial interest (although I have drank their beer) they look
very well made.

It seems difficult to find low back vintage style seats these days. I
purchased mine from RCI several years ago and the no longer make it. As far
as I know they are legal with most vintage sanctioning bodies as long as you
have the padded head rest mounted to the roll bar as WT mentioned.

On a different topic. It seems gear sets for Spridgets and MG A's & Bs are
becoming had to find items. I've heard that Jack Knight gears has closed up
shop in the old country. Anyone know if this is true? Anyway, I have found
that Yarwood Engineering in Creswell Oregon has a source of Jack Knight
Gears and is also sourcing some USA made gear sets that have been holding up
very well. I am a Yarwood customer (they re-built my transmission with close
ratio, straight cut gears) but have no financial interest other then
drinking some of their beer as well.

Web Site for Vintage 31: <http://www.vintage31.com/>

Web Site for Yarwood: <http://www.yarwoodengineering.com/Pages/index.htm>
Phone: (541) 895 2288

BTW, if anyone is interested in racing an event at Portland International
Raceway this year plan on an event early in the year. The track will be
closed in mid-September for Repaving. The track has also been under attack
from some of the local environmental and neighborhood groups so take a look
at the Friends of PIR web site and please sign-up as a member.

<http://www.friendsofpir.com/>

--
David Franks
franks97@verizon.net