A nightmare story about Harbor Freight.....

To: "Team Thicko \(Team Thicko\)" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: A nightmare story about Harbor Freight.....
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:43:11 -0500
I will preface my nightmare story with my general satisfaction with HF
and their service. If you buy their "better" level of tools, they are
worth what you pay for them and they are good enough for hobbyists like
us. If you buy their top line stuff like IR air compressors, you beat
the competition by free freight and no sales tax.

And now for my horror story.....

In mid November I placed a large order with HF for a lot of stocking
stuffer kind of stuff and a few significant items like a horizontal /
vertical cutoff band saw. By mid December I was expecting  the packages
to start arriving. I received an e mail from a friend in Eureka, Kansas
where we lease a ranch. She said a package had arrived at their house
for me from HF. I should add here, that last spring I ordered a shallow
well pump for the ranch and had it shipped to them so I didn't have to
take it out there with us when we went in June. I was dismayed why this
package should be shipped there since I had given no instructions to
ship there. In fact, I had placed two or three orders with HF between
last spring and the present, and they had all come to Michigan.

The next day I got another e mail,,,,,2 more packages had arrived. I got
on the phone and called the HF "Customer Satisfaction Unit" (that's a
laugh !) I sat on hold for 42 minutes before I got to talk to somebody.
When I got to talk to a human (that's doubtful) she first suggested that
I must have told them to ship them there. NOT ! I replied. I explained
that I had placed a number of orders that  had all been delivered
properly. After further checking she informed me that the order was
divided into 7 packages and that they were all in transit to Kansas. She
said she would send me a return postage label.

 I responded to that suggestion by pointing out that it had two flaws.
First, sending me a label would do no good because the package was in
Kansas and second, a return label would return it to their warehouse
where it was likely to get mishandled again and further more it would
cost them twice as much to ship it back to them and then they had to
ship it to me at the correct location. "Why not, I said, send a prepaid
label to the address in Kansas and let my friend send it directly to me.
The response....."Impossible !!!! Must come back here."  OK, I said if
that's the way it has to be, then send 7 labels to Kansas.
Response,,,,"No I can only send you one label because you have only