Re: 1275 windage tray

To: MGTD2@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275 windage tray
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:06:11 -0500
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:51:16 EDT MGTD2@aol.com writes:
> Any recommendations on configuration for a windage tray or sump
> baffle for 1275 in a Spridget?  I know the Minis seem to need
> something to keep the oil around the pick-up, but how about a rear
> drive car with the engine facing the right way around?
> -Mr. Trauma

Winner's Circle at www.spridget.com sells a couple of different types of
racing oil pans.  Click on Get Catalog, then look on Page 8.  I use the
"competition" pan as opposed to the "super" pan.  The competition has a
trap door in one half to keep the oil from surging forward under braking,
and "wings" on either side to increase capacity and to keep the oil
around the pickup.  Seems to work very well, the guy that recommended it
to me has been racing Spridgets for decades.  I forget what I paid for
it, you'll have to call Winner's Circle to get pricing.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer