team cheapo..

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: team cheapo..
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:47:41 -0400
ok thicko brains..ive got a cheapo question for ya.
were gonna put a small 12v Coleman fridge/cooler in the breadtruck.  I can hook
it right up to the fuse box at a constant hot point. (maybe with a switch)
its bound to drain the battery dead pretty quick. yeah we put a second battery
in the breadtruck with a R.V. style relay on it, so it only draws off the
second battery for the disco lights, radio and stuff. we should get a converter
(120v to 12v) but they are biggie bucks for us cheapo's. plug it in at a site
and not worry about things..besides when the trucks running, its charging and
things are hunky dory....but the fumes and noise bothers the paddock neighbors.
However, i have got a spare little battery charger that I am not using.. would
it hurt anything to just hook up the charger, to the battery when I'm at a site
to supplement the 12v system in the truck and so I don't have to keep buying
ice turn off my tunes and not fume out my neighbors for 1/2 hr every night.  is
this possible? am I just naive? has anyone rigged up something CHEAP similarly?

R(wnik) Kansas, and trying to save a buck.

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///