lever shock looser

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: lever shock looser
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:45:41 -0400
ok..need some more suggestions...

  ok, so it was 95 degrees at the track.. but midway through the main show
sun. tinkerbell did something she hadnt before. hard into the right hand
sweeper at ginger (7/8) we got ALLOT of bounce (as in riding a pogo stick) from
the left rear. and we had to back off chasing the alfa (damn!)
not sure if the shock fluid got hot. or something inside the shock is
worn/loose...
but it felt a bit weaker from that point on..even bouncing it in the paddock.
didnt see any leaks, but we havnt torn into it yet.

the question is, who does GOOD rebuilds on these things? weve heard apple hyd.
is not the greatest. or who sells good rebuilt/new ones?. right now it has
comp. valving (which should be easy to change)

any suggestions on tricks/tips/oils/what to look for, besides seeing if its
action is manually grotesquely loose or erratic all the rod ends are in
fair/good shape.

we welcome all comments from the rest of you lever shock loosers like us..

R (wnik) Kansa/rccsa

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///