Jon

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Jon
From: "susan forsberg" <susanforsberg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:59:16 EDT
Hi to everyone this has been one long week and it is only Tuesday I think.
Jon is recovering well from his oral surgery, everything is still very sore
but he is trying to get some nutrition down he does not have much to loose.
On Friday the 13th (great day huh?) he is going in for out patient surgery
to have a port put into his clavicle area for the chemo treatments and also
he will have a g- tube put in so he will be able to be tube fed while in
treatments.  I was very glad to hear this, since he is so thin to begin
with.  It looks like he will go to have the radiation marks on the 20th of
October.  They will also check his gums and jawbone to make sure everything
is healing correctly so they can proceed with treatments.  If everything is
okay he will begin his treatments on the 23rd the day before his birthday.
(Happy Birthday) He will get one large dose of the chemo on the 23rd and
then radiation for 28 days after, he will then have the second treatment of
chemo with the following 2.5 weeks he will need to have radiation
treatments, but instead of once a day it will be twice!!!  I certainly do
not like the sounds of that.  He has agreed to be in a clinical trial
(research study) and he was told he was a prime candidate for this type of
treatment.  I am hoping that that is what it is and that it is not
progressed and they are trying to get the quickest and the most agrresseive
way possible.  We do not know and maybe we do not want to know.  It does
look like we will be at IRP and we are looking forward to it.  We will write
soon.

thanks for all of the prayers and thoughts they are truly felt and
appreciated.

Jon Gylf and Sue