Forsberg ideas...

To: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Forsberg ideas...
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 22:48:18 -0500
Hey Thickos,

Jon & Sue have responded to a number of mails, and included the Thicko list.
I'm not sure whether it's shown up here or not.

So... what to do, what to do? The last thing I want to do is embarrass them
with "charity". But, by the same token, there's not a damn thing wrong with
charity when it's truly needed... and it's nice to help people you know, or
know of.

So, there's a couple of ideas that come to mind. I'll ask anyone on this
list to give whatever they can afford...a little or a lot... makes no
difference. I'm not sure, yet, how this needs to work, as the VSCDA might
come up with some sort of organized plan... so, we'll just start thinking in
"generous" terms, and then get to details as to where you might send a check
later.

Another plan that we can pursue independantly will be a big "tip jar" in
front of the ThickTones when we perform at IRP in a couple of weeks. All the
cheap bastards in the racing community (and I mean that as an affectionate
term... ala "cheatin' dogs") have been benefitting, (or suffering...
depending on your musical taste or hearing loss) from the dulcet tones of
the ThickTones for free... as in "no bucks" for the last couple of years.
(Do you know anyone else that works for free?) So, this time we'll ask those
present at the party to "pay the piper". If we can get 'em drunk and
dancing, we might raise a tidy sum.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

WST