Watkins Glen

To: Team Thicko <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Watkins Glen
From: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:01:15 -0400
Just coming up for air quick before I get things ready to head off for
Summit Point.

Watkins Glen this year was attended by at least a half dozen Thicko's, 3
Bugeyes, Rick Cooks 3 wheel Lotus Seven, Rockney Vaughn's Lotus 51, and
Friar Chuck's SAAB Special (There you go Chuck, you picked the name!) even
tho he wasn't driving due to an anti-social broken finger.

Somehow, we had unusually good weather throughout the weekend. Still, I
think I was the only Thicko dumb enough (?) to venture out into the rain
session on Saturday morning. The rest of the time Gary & Gary's Sprites
were unreasonable faster than me - I gotta get me one of them mid-west
cheat'in dog engines!

I'd like to report that despite scheduling against the downtown festival on
Friday,  the Wayward Sports Car Center managed to feed about 2 dozen hungry
souls with a Thicko-like bar-b-que and the special Cornell recipe.

Roger