Glen report

To: "list" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Glen report
From: "Rick Cook" <rccook16@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:55:18 -0400
As usual the event was a blast. A few thickos attending were in usual great
form. Gary and Grenade were changing rear ends and buying tires to get an
edge while Jim Fuerstenberg walked away with the overall win in Group 1. I
had a rear axle bearing break and lost a wheel with axle attached going into
the boot on Fri. No significant damage and I had the parts to repair it.
The races were not shortened as bad as last year due to red flags but Sun
was only 5 laps.
The festival downtown was a hoot.  I put the lights on the 7 so I could stay
and party. On the way back at midnight the wife wanted to go grocery
shopping so I had to wander around trying to look sober while a local cop
waited outside. He finally left so we could leave. If I'd fired the Lotus up
he would have put us both in jail.