Three Crashed Sprites in Three Races

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net (Thickos)
Subject: Three Crashed Sprites in Three Races
From: RFHeil@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:13:53 EDT
Fellow Thickos,

I just started to take the remaining good parts off my otherwise wasted car,
and discovered that the cause of my crash was a kingpin that broke near the
top, at the transition to the area that pilots in the top trunnion. Although
it doesn't change the outcome of the incident, it makes me feel immensely
better about the whole ordeal. I thought I had made a car prep error, and was
starting to doubt my ability to maintain my car. It's like a weight has been
lifted from me.

But the bottom line is, we have two balled up cars, and one near miss (Jim
Donato's car at GingerMan last weekend), that were a result of forty year old
British iron that just got tired.

Please learn from our misfortunes--crack check all of your critical
suspension components.

Working on the Next One,

Roger Heil, LF